Who we are
Vermont Campus Compact is a statewide consortium of 18 colleges and universities committed to creating a flourishing democracy. We work with members to strengthen communities and educate for informed and active citizenship. VCC presidents believe that through sustained and creative student, faculty and institutional engagement with communities, higher education can help prepare tomorrow’s civic and social leaders while strengthening communities and improving lives in Vermont and elsewhere.
what we do
Vermont Campus Compact facilitates individual, institutional, and community growth by connecting people and ideas and actions. VCC works with campus leaders, faculty, staff, students, and community partners from our member campuses to:
- Improve the quality of education by developing academic and co-curricular policies and practices that cultivate in our students the skills and habits of thoughtful and compassionate leaders, citizens and problem-solvers;
- Engage faculty in community-based teaching and scholarship that address social, economic, and environmental concerns;
- Develop collaborative partnerships among campuses and communities;
- Advance leadership throughout the state in addressing critical issues and strengthening democracy;
- Connect Vermonters to national issues and resources through our affiliation with the national Campus Compact.